This is the Home Page of
Boater's Pocket Reference
Your Comprehensive Resource
for Boats and Boating
By Thomas McEwen
800 pages, 435 illustrations, 94 photographs, index,
ISBN 978-0-9774052-0-6, Third printing,
Anchor Cove Publishing, $14.95
Handy, Fact-Filled New Boating Guide
offers handy, how-to-do-it information and reference facts,
figures, formulas, graphs, and tables about boating in a book small enough
(about 3" x 5" x 1") to fit in your pocket.
Over 48,000 Copies Sold!
Check out the excellent
reviews we are getting from boating magazines and readers!
Also check out the look inside
page to see sample pages from the book.
In stock—same day shipping!
Available at Marine Stores Near You,
And at Amazon.com
Call for large quantities.
Why another book on boating?
It's not just another book, it's unique. The author wanted
to buy a book like this, but couldn't find one, so he wrote it
Who needs this book?
- New boaters: This book provides an extensive introduction to all
aspects of boating.
- Experienced boaters: A great reference and memory jogger.
- Everyone who wants to make their boating safer and more enjoyable.
- Piloting and Navigation—including the use of charts, GPS,
radar, and sonar.
- Communications—VHF, SSB, satellite.
- U.S. and Canadian boating regulations
- International, U.S., and Canadian Navigation Rules (Collision
- Understanding aids to navigation
- Understanding weather—air movement, fronts, clouds,
- Boat types, design, and construction as well as boating
- The essentials of good seamanship—the basics of operating a
- Marlinespike seamanship—lines and knots—including 50
- Mechanical—engines and propellers.
- Electrical—circuits, DC and AC wiring, batteries, chargers,
- Boat trailering tips, techniques, maintnenance, wiring.
- General reference tables—time zones, holidays, weight and
volume of liquids, and more.
- Extensive unit conversion tables
- Boating resources—organizations, phone numbers, web sites.
- Glossary of marine terminology.